Meet the Team!
THE LADIES OF SOIREES SOUTHERN EVENTS
We are the ladies of Soirees Southern Events and we love 'LOVE!' We love getting to help our brides and their families plan the biggest day of their lives and help relieve all of the stress that can come with planning your wedding! Want to know who we are and what we love?! Check us out below and see why we LOVE what we do and why we can't wait to help you plan the beginning of your Happily Ever After!
Meet Sherri! Our founder of Soirees Southern Events! Sherri has been in the industry for over 20 years and knows more than anyone about how to make your wedding day just perfect for you! She is native to Gainesville and has a degree in interior design. This gives her a unique perspective on your big day and how to make a memorable impact on your guests when they enter your wedding! She is also the flower guru of our company and is the face behind all the beautiful flowers that we do! Her favorite part of the big day is when the bride gets to see her bouquet for the first time!! To see their eyes light up and they just gush over how gorgeous it is, it makes it all worth it!
Here's a few fun facts about Sherri:
- She loves all things Paris including all the macaroons!
- She is one of the most giving people you will ever meet and will do anything for anyone! She was a volunteer with Casa in Gainesville for several years!
- Her favorite food is Sushi and is always down to go to Spice 55!
Meet Allison! Allison is one of our senior coordinators and has been with Soirees Southern Events for almost 6 years! She's been through many wedding seasons and has seen/helped the company grow to where they are today! She is also the other face behind the flowers and is always swooning over all the pretty flowers she gets to play with! She loves the North Georgia area, having grown up in Clarkesville and attended North Georgia College in Dahlonega, and loves being able to serve the brides in this area! Her favorite part of the wedding day is getting to be the first one to greet the bride and groom at the back of the aisle after they are officially husband & wife!! The joy on their faces and love/excitement they have is overwhelming!
Here's a few fun facts about Allison:
- She is a newly wed and is enjoying every second of it!
- She grew up a military brat and has traveled all over (having moved 7 times before the age of 12)!
- She loves the Lord and loves serving in the student ministry at her church and helping plan their summer camp every year!
- She has the biggest sweet tooth, however she is gluten free, but that doesn't stop her! You can always find her snagging some icing from the wedding cake! (after it's cut of course!)
Meet Rebecca! Rebecca has been with SSE for almost 5 years and has brought a much needed corporate perspective to our team! Rebecca is a Boss Babe in every sense of the word and has had her hand in many different companies and ventures over the years! Rebecca is a Gainesville native as well and knows everybody and their mother, so she has all the connections that we need! She is a Georgia girl at heart but has a soft place for Texas, where she worked for several years! Her sweet soul and caring heart are what makes brides love her all the more! Becca's favorite part of the wedding day is after the ceremony is over and the couple is recessed and they get a sweet moment with just the two of them, and you see them realize "oh my goodness we are MARRIED!!" such a special moment to witness!
Here's a few fun facts about Rebecca:
- She is a newly wed herself and has loved being able to share in this exciting time with her brides!
- She owns an estate sell business with her Aunt and loves being able to help families through what can be a stressful process! She finds the most unique and awesome treasures and is always on the lookout for items that can make a wedding day extra special!
- Becca is a woman of many talents and can even weld if need be! Needless to says she can take care of anything on your big day!!
Meet Andrea! Andrea has been with SSE for almost 4 years and comes with a pack full of experience in the wedding industry! She was the catering manager for a local restaurant for almost 20 years and has taught us so much from a catering standpoint and is the perfect person to help our brides come up with their perfect menu! She is a worker bee if we have ever seen one and is always going above and beyond for her brides and their families! She is always the first to cry at the end of the night when saying goodbye to her sweet brides and grooms! They become like family!! She has 2 favorite parts of the big day! The first is at the start when the bride walks into the venue for the first time and seeing her face light up! The second is at the end when the couple share their last dance in an empty room while their guests line up outside fo the exit! "You can just feel how much love they have for one another! It's Priceless!!"
Here's a few fun facts about Andrea:
- She is a true Dahlonega "Nugget"; Born and Raised!
- She is the life of the party and is always down for a good time!
- She loves spending time on the lake with her family and friends and has been married to her sweet hubby for 22 years!!
Meet Kirstin! Kirstin is one of the newest additions to our team and we are thrilled to have her! Kirstin is a recent graduate from the University of North Georgia with a degree in Marketing, and interned with us before accepting a position on our team! She fell in love with event planning and we fell in love with her! She has such a fun and bubbly personality that our brides instantly connect with! Her hometown is in Cumming, GA, but her favorite place to be is at the beach, and who could blame her! Her favorite part of the wedding day is when all of the guests see the bride coming down the aisle for the first time and you see their faces light up, "it just makes my heart happy!" We are so excited to have Kirstin as a part of our team and can't wait to see what the future holds for her!
Here's a few fun facts about Kirstin:
- She is a dog mom to the sweetest little guy, Fez.
- She is part Swedish if you couldn't tell by her blond hair and blue eyes, and recently visited her family in Sweden!
- She is the definition of a foodie! If she could have any job in the world it would be to drive around in a van trying all different kinds of food from all over the world! In other words, she is happy to go to your tastings with you! ;)
Meet Susan! Susan began interning for us at the beginning of 2019, and has since became a senior coordinator as well as one of the people in charge of our social media! She graduated from the University of North Georgia in Spring 2019 with a degree in Communications. She was basically brought up in the wedding industry doing caterings since she was in early high school and bartending events while in college! Her favorite part of the wedding day is the first dance between the bride and groom, especially when it's choreographed! That special moment between the couple is unforgettable!
Here's a few fun facts about Susan:
- She is a Gainesville native, but currently lives in Athens (Go Dawgs!)
- She's all about DIY & crafting, and is frequently found roaming the aisles of the nearest craft store!
- She's a bit of a shopaholic & a huge thrifter! She can never turn down a good deal!